Monday 13 May 2019

LOTTERY BIG JACKPOT

PETALING JAYA: A businessman from Penang has won the largest jackpot in Malaysia's history, bagging a cool RM69.6mil in the Grand Toto 6/63 prize last Wednesday.
"We were so excited that we could not stop screaming and running around the house," said the winner, who prefers anonymity.
The 40-year-old winner, who collected his winnings two days after the results were announced, had started playing Sports Toto games four years ago, Sports Toto Malaysia said in a statement Tuesday.
However, bets using his car plate numbers did not amount to anything.
"On Wednesday evening, I was stuck in a traffic jam while I was on my way to dinner. So when I decided to take a detour, I spotted a Sports Toto outlet and I thought I should try my luck since all my friends had been talking about the largest Toto jackpot recently.
"It was my first time playing the Lotto game, so I took out RM50 and told the sales person that I wanted to buy RM50 Lucky Pick on Grand Toto 6/63," he told Sports Toto.
The buy gave him 25 sets of Lucky Pick numbers for the draw.
He did not check the result on that night, and was alerted by a friend the next morning that someone from Penang had won the jackpot.
"I didn't take note of my friend's alert and continued my daily tasks. I went for my breakfast and started working at home.
"Suddenly the jackpot alert crossed my mind and I started checking through the tickets. When I saw a ticket matched the last two numbers of the result, which were 52 and 53, I was pretty sure that I'd won."
The winning numbers were 14, 16, 34, 39, 52 and 53.
"So I told my younger brother to check the rest of the numbers for me and I was right! I won the jackpot!" he added.
The winner said he would donate a portion of the winnings to charity, pay off loans, and invest in properties in Penang.
The previous largest Toto jackpot, which was the RM57mil Supreme Toto 6/58 jackpot, was won in 2012.
Currently, the highest jackpot amount standing at more than RM28mil is also for Supreme Toto 6/58.
Win , Lottery , Malaysia , Toto

No comments:

Post a Comment